- 1 Real Estate Marketing: What are we talking about?
- 2 Real Estate Marketing Plan
Real Estate Marketing: What are we talking about?
Before going into the heart of the matter, it seems important to me to define the marketing of real estate and explain how it is specific.
The goal of marketing is not the art of selling but to decipher customer expectations for a service that suits them perfectly. This article is about real estate agent marketing or Real estate agency marketing tips.
The role of marketing is, therefore, to create value around the offer, we are talking here about value perceived positively by the customers, as for example the value of the means implemented for the sale of a house for the account of an owner.
So the question is: who am I talking to, with what product, to meet what need? In real estate, the specificity is that it is the marketing of intermediaries that relies on trust, hence the fundamental role of relational strategy. It identifies the real brakes and motivations of customers to activate the right levers.
In concrete terms, I will speak mainly of operational marketing(apart from traditional marketing) to put you in the small shoes of your customers. Sellers are sometimes suspicious of real estate agents without being able to manage themselves the sale or rental of their property. Let’s see how to reassure them with the help of powerful techniques to manage their transaction. For their part, buyers face complex personal and financial strategies, they must be given all the necessary support to help them make their decisions.
I will talk to you then:
- how to present an ad to spark the “crush”
- of valuation of real property (home staging) to make conclusive visits
- of your ads to reach the maximum potential customers
- of local marketing to differentiate and the prospect
- of social networks to sit your notoriety
- from blogging to bring out your knowledge of a territory
- of seasonal rentals that are booming in major French cities
- specificities of marketing prestige goods
Real Estate Marketing Plan
Diagnosis: Is your Real Estate Marketing Strategy performing well? What is his ROI (Return on Investment)?
Definition of Objectives: What is your goal? Awareness, contacts Buyers, Sellers, recruitment?
Definition of the strategic axes: Which Marketing Tactics put in place to achieve the objectives?
Development of the Operational Marketing Plan: What are the Action Plans, Budgets, Resources?
Definition of Measurement Tools and Performance Indicators: How to measure returns and ROI?
Implementation of the Operational Marketing Plan by following several complementary and inseparable strategic axes:
Web marketing, Customer Relationship, Real Estate Marketing, and Training.
Real-time feedback measurement, performance indicators, ROI: Call Tracking, Mail tracking, Web Analytics, portal distribution statistics, CRM data analysis (exclusive mandate rates, visit processing rates, etc.)
- Corrections of actions for continuous improvement of the Operational real estate marketing Plan.
- Meeting at the beginning of the month to analyze feedback and validate improvement decisions.
The goal of an inbound real estate marketing strategy is to implement your strategy in its market. It also allows you to define your positioning and mark it in the minds of your targets to create values that meet their needs and problems. The blog summarizes the essential steps to develop a marketing strategy with an inbound approach in this sector.
5 pillars to start the inbound real estate marketing:
1. Review your goals and needs
To prospect in real estate business, you will first need to determine your business objectives and identify specific needs specific to that sector. Your business policy should, in principle, meet the overall objective of your business and be part of your multi-year corporate plan.
This plan summarizes your overall objectives; integrates several special and intermediate objectives that are set in the short, medium or long term: the quest for brand recognition, the acquisition of new customers, the need to achieve such a turnover on such a period scale, etc. Your multi-year corporate plan is similar to a road map on which your commercial policy, which is itself subject to objectives, is based.
2. Set SMART goals
Of course, there are no miracles to succeed in prospecting in real estate marketing. The culmination of any marketing campaign is the result of action and work. However, to channel your marketing efforts in the right direction, set goals that are simple, effective, measurable, and achievable over time. These are called SMART goals. The acronym SMART is used to determine the characteristics that your objectives must meet.
- The “S”: The Specificity is a determining criterion to make the objective precise.
- The “M”: Measurability makes it possible to rationally quantify your marketing efforts to optimize the evaluation of the results.
- The “A”: The goal must be attainable.
- The “R”: It must also be realistic and take into account the different external constraints.
- The “T”: A smart goal must also be defined.
3. Specify if necessary it’s positioning
To prospect in real estate, your company must come out of anonymity and … stand out! The first step is to analyze the competitive landscape in order to succeed. To do this, you must identify the real expectations of your targets in relation to your offers and determine your potential assets without neglecting those of your competitors.
To be effective, your positioning must meet the characteristics R, C, D :
- “R” as “Answer”: Your positioning must exactly meet the expectations of your targets.
- “C” as “Credible”: A credible positioning must necessarily correspond to your corporate identity, to the particular characteristics of its sector, real estate in this case, and to the real needs of the territory.
- “D” as “Distinctive”: Your positioning must finally allow identifying your added value and the real contribution of your expertise compared to other companies operating in the same sector as yours.
4. Define your personas
A good real estate marketing strategy is based on the definition of personas. You will need to know exactly what kind of web marketing targets you are addressing! A persona embodies the profile of your target group and summarizes its main characteristics. It is more concretely a user archetype that is used to set goals and guide decisions.
5. Set up real estate marketing tools
To prospect in real estate with your website through an inbound marketing methodology, you must put in place the appropriate tools:
- The blog: it remains an effective way to generate qualified leads.
- Lead Generation: The process allows you to turn your visitors into leads as soon as they seek to contact you on-site by completing your online forms.
- Calls to action and landing pages: these two tools make it possible to integrate your prospects into your conversion tunnel.
- Lead nurturing: the process is essential to deal with immature leads and aims to speed up their decision making.
- Marketing automation: it allows you to deliver the right content, to the right target, at the right time. For example, a HubSpot CRM tool.
Beyond the technological tools and social networks, the real estate agent returns to the basics of the profession to offer ancillary services as useful as essential in the eyes of the customer. These ancillary services tend to remove this vision of the real estate agent whose role is confined to connecting buyers and sellers.
Any personalized service is good to offer as long as it represents an added value in the eyes of the customer: support of the potential purchaser in obtaining his mortgage, drafting contracts and compensation for immobilization, for a real key benefit in hand!
The real estate marketing ancillary services should be considered in addition to the real estate marketing of new technologies. In this context, real estate agencies have resources such as real estate software to effectively manage real estate marketing strategy.
Attention real estate agents wanting to improve their services for a significant added value by potential buyers will follow appropriate training in order to acquire the necessary skills in the context of the proposed real estate marketing strategy.
Finally, offering the best possible experience for your customers with high added value content: this is the commitment of inbound marketing. This is the key to the success of any modern real estate agency.