If you landed this article, you probably searching for Winchester gun safe instruction and information. If you own guns of any variety for your safety or for following your hobby of collecting different types of firearms, then you must keep the weapons secure too. For securing and preserving those valuable firearms you will have to invest in buying a good gun safe. There are many companies available in the market, who claim to be the best. The brand Winchester is probably one of the oldest and the most trustworthy company in this league.
What is the use of a Winchester Gun Safe?
The Winchester gun safe has two main functions. First, it protects the firearms owner and his or her family members. The weapons are not to put in all hands, it is essential to store them in a safe place and inaccessible to children and adolescents, who could injure themselves, or injure others, by manipulating them.
This container also makes it possible to put the hunting rifles, and other weapons of the collection, safe from the burglars. Thanks to its high-security lock, it represents, as classic safes, a safe and tamper-proof security solution.
Features of the safe for weapons
The Winchester gun safe is designed from steel and the thickness of its walls is usually 20 mm (30 mm for very high-end models). Depending on its size, it can contain from 3 to 23 weapons. As a classic safe, it can be equipped with several types of locks (key, electronic). In most cases, it is possible to fix it on the floor and on the wall. Removable shelves (to put ammunition for example) and carpet on the ground (to avoid damaging weapons) generally complete the set.
In recent years, manufacturers have also made efforts in appearance. Wood (oak, walnut …) are more and more numerous (but more expensive) and some models of weapon safes even have an anti-burglary pane. This way, your safe can easily be placed in your living room, dining room, office or even your bedroom, and your guests will have plenty of time to admire your collection of rifles.
Safes for weapons: the alternatives
Your shotguns can also be stored in a simple cabinet, as long as it is secure. A Winchester gun safe with generous dimensions can perfectly accommodate your weapons, the only drawback being purely aesthetic.
If you shoot, know that there are commercially available cases or handgun chests with an electronic lock. Whether you keep your weapon at home or in your shooting club, no one will be able to borrow it or use it.
What kind of bad incidents can be avoided through Winchester gun safe instructions?
It’s a complete responsibility for every one of us, to store their firearms inside gun safes. Buying a gun safe from Winchester and following its instructions for using it can avoid the below-mentioned situations:
- Involving your family
Child members in your family can start playing with your gun if kept open and a sudden accident might happen.
- Involving theft
Few thieves can break into your house all of a sudden and they can run away with your valuable firearms if kept open.
- Involving legal infringement
As the law in some states of America makes it mandatory for people owning firearms must keep them in gun safes, if this law not obeyed you might have to visit a jail or have to pay a hefty fine.
- Involving the dark side of nature.
Any fire, flood or storm can completely destroy your house and its belongings including your prized firearms.
Preserve all your firearms inside Winchester gun safes and stay with complete peace of mind.
Gun safes purchased from Winchester with Winchester gun safe instructions considered best why?
The brand Winchester gun safe laid it’s stepping stone way back in 1866 since then they have evolved like none of its contemporaries. They are now counted as the best high-end gun safe manufacturing company in America. They use the most sophisticated and premium equipment accompanied by the latest technology for bringing out the best possible product.
The unique features they provide over other companies are as follows:
- They have incorporated the latest laser cutting technology and robotic welding in their manufacturing technique.
- They have lifetime replacement and repairing policy against any damage caused due to any natural calamity or theft.
- For severe protection against theft, their safety is equipped with anti-pry tabs, large deadlocking bolts, recessed doors, solid steel hinges, and reinforced doorjambs.
- They provide maximum fire protection to their products by passing through high-quality fire tests.
- They provide a 2-year warranty towards their locking systems.
Apart from the above-mentioned specialties, they have been working hard every single day to surpass their own standards in making the best possible gun safe.
What are the Winchester gun safe instructions for the operation of your gun safe?
The brand Winchester can be considered as the leaders in manufacturing gun safes. Their products go through complete tests to ensure its capability of staying ahead of other companies. Their manufacturing techniques are top notch as discussed above. Now you just have to follow their set of instructions for starting its operation:
- Firstly you will have to follow their instructions for installing the bolts, choose a place where you want to place the safety and execute the installation.
- If you are interested in the manual locking system, you have to go through their instruction manual and follow exactly as they say.
- For electronic locking, the safe comes with a factory set combination, follow the instructions to set your own.
Checkpoints to protect your weapons
- If possible, I install my rifle cabinet in a remote location, cellar or attic, to make access more difficult
- To avoid that the chest is carried away by burglars, I think to sell it directly to the wall
- I carefully keep my purchase invoices to provide proof of the acquisition of my safe
- I take care to store ammunition separately to prevent accidents, especially with children
- I install the safe in a dry place and protected from heat, to prevent the weapons from deteriorating
Bring home a Winchester gun safe, install it through its set of instructions and secure your firearms for the rest of your life.
Also published on Medium.