What Are Legendary Pokémon?
Legendary Pokémon are a collection of extremely powerful Pokémon who are mostly featured in the myths and legends of the Pokémon world. This group of Pokémon is known to be effective and rare, which is why fans all over the world can’t wait to get their hands on them!
One thing peculiar about this group of Pokemon is that they don’t hatch from eggs and they can never be caught in the wild or breed (at least in the main series games).
Another thing about them is that, apart from the type; Cosmog, Null, and Kubfu, legendary Pokemon do not evolve. However, they are known to form a part of a trio or duo and also change form occasionally. Most Pokemon in this group don’t have genders.
Here are some of the common characteristics shared by Legendary Pokémon:
- They have an extremely low catch rate. Their catch rate goes as low as 3%.
- They are easy to filter in the Pokemon search bar. All you have to do is type in the word “Legendary”.
- It is impossible to mass transfer them. When transferring them, a warning sign will always appear.
- Special Trade is required for them. This is because they cost a significant amount of stardust.
- Legendary Pokemon cannot be designated to a Gym.
- They cannot take part in Premier Cup in GO Battle League
Common ways to Capture a Legendary Pokemon
One of the commonest methods of capturing a Legendary Pokémon is winning it in Raid Battle and then capturing it as a Bonus Challenge. Currently, out of the 35 Legendary Pokémon, 34 of them are available via the Raid Battles system (the normal one)
Other ways to capture a legendary Pokemon include; defeating Giovanni and also claiming Research Breakthrough. Another easy way to get them is through a special trade.
Here are some tips to help you in your quest to catch a legendary pokemon.
- A way to know if a raid will feature a legendary Pokemon is to check the color of the raid egg. A dark blue raid egg means a legendary Pokemon is present.
- To make the task easy, make sure to use all 20 players.
- A higher-leveled Pokemon is perfect for the job.
- The base catch rate for legendary Pokemon is 3%, therefore, you need to maximize your Golden Razz Berries. Also, try to get familiar with your curveballs. Doing this will boost your chances of capturing a legendary pokemon
- Legendary Pokemons are not capable of defending gyms. However, they can raid bosses and fight enemy gyms.
- Legendary Pokemon have a buddy distance of just 20km per candy.
While trying to capture a legendary Pokemon,
- It is best to deploy a Golden Razz Berry for every try.
- The use of a curveball should be restricted to when you are positive and confident of your accuracy. Don’t waste premier balls unnecessarily.
- Wait for the Pokemon to attack before throwing the premier ball. This way, your throws will not get interrupted.
- If the Pokemon has moved to an awkward position, wait for it to re-center before you proceed.
How to Locate a Pokemon in DelugeRPG
To predict when and where a Pokemon will appear. And also, how you can reach there quickly to capture it. Here is a step by step guide to help you through the process
Step 1: Find your way to the Pokedex page. (https://www.delugerpg.com/pokedex)
Step 2: Enter the name of the Pokemon you are looking for into the search box, or search for it in the list and go to their dex info.
Step 3: Take note of where the Pokemon is likely to appear. The Pokedex should give you this information. Once you get this info, the next step is to select the map number so it can take you to the map directly.
Additionally, try to note the exact area the Pokedex says the pokemon will appear in. For instance, if it says “Up Land”, this simply means the pokemon is going to only appear on a raised slightly rocky ground, instead of the common grasslands.
How Do You Get Legendary Pokemon In Deluge RPG?
DelugeRPG is an open-source game where gamers are allowed to capture Pokemon and then use them to fight with other gamers or trade them.
So how do you get a legendary Pokemon in deluge RPG?
Well, once you conquer the elite four and gyms of a specific region, legends of the region will start to pop up at random on all maps.
So ideally, you just have to win all your battles to unlock all the legends. Importantly, you need to understand that legends are rare Pokemon, so they might take a while to appear. Another way to get them is via special trades. see more at Unplugged Gaming website
One of the most important features of the Deluge RPG is its trading option. Via the trading option, gamers can easily exchange Pokemon they no longer want with better ones.
There are some categories of Pokemon that interested traders are always hunting for every time. They have high chances of being traded during every trade. Here are some of them.
- Pokemon that has “Chrome” in their name.
- Ones “Shiny” in their name.
- Ones with a high level of experience.
- Legendary Pokemon
A brilliant thing to do is find a Pokemon such as Shiny Squirtle and then evolve it into a Shiny Mega. Doing that will allow you to have great Pokemon in a small-time, as well as saving you the energy of having to catch them.
There is no gainsaying that catching a legendary Pokemon can be a very challenging thing to do. Legends are perhaps the hardest category of Pokemon to capture. A good rule of thumb would be to take the process step by step as explained above.
If you follow this guide, we are quite certain that you will be more prepared and well equipped with the right strategy to capture that legendary Pokemon you have long been dreaming about. Good luck!
Also published on Medium.